HTC Droid Incredible Review

HTC Droid Incredible Review

HTC droid incredible is a nice upgrade from the htc eris i used for two years, i like to buy the phones new out of contract once they become slightly outdated , they still work great but i don't pay full price or get locked in. so far the incredible has been very reliable and easy to use, battery life is just fine , i use the advanced app killer all the time. so far so good, i think one thing people fail to remember is that these are phones with small batteries that some ask to do the things of a laptop all day that has a battery 100x the size . realistic expectations are required and you will be satisfied with your smart phone. (strbildr)

→ Click Here for Pricing, Ratings, and Reviews on Amazon.com

I pre-ordered this phone and got it the day it came out in April 2010. Since day one it has been a reliable phone that gets strong signal here in Phoenix. 21 months later I upgraded to a new dual-core, 4G phone only because I got the upgrade for free. I was more than ready to stay with my Incredible for even longer. The phone wasn't perfect and there were 2 clear downs to it. The first being the brightness of the screen. It was not very useful outside. This was common in all of the 1st generation AMOLED screens. Second, 3.7" is the absolute minimum screen size for a usable phone. The phone I switched to is 4.3" and there is a noticible difference. That said, the phone never gave me trouble. It could play all early generation games, was great on WiFi and 3G alike, and came with a sturdy Sense skin from HTC that I loved. On the extended battery I got an easy 18 hours of battery life, which was more than enough. (B. Janusch)

It works for me. I use it obviously for a phone, for email, texting, Twitter, Facebook, Words with Friends, camera, as a PDA. I got an extra battery, but I really do not have a problem with the battery. Perhaps with a day of heavy use. I just got it because of the reviews about battery life. I even have the live wallpaper, which does not seem to affect the battery life. It is not the newest phone out, so I am sure there is better, but to buy a phone to be contract free, I love it. (T. Walker)

→ Click Here for Pricing, Ratings, and Reviews on Amazon.com

I have used the HTC incredible since it came on the market. It started off great, but in the last year or so, the internal memory problem has led to many issues. Loss of contacts, inability to text, can't update apps. It is very frustrating and should have been remedied when it was first discovered. Now if this is due to what my carrier adds (Verizon), that's another story. Just beware if you go this route that you will have an internal memory deficiency over time and you will constantly fight it after that. (MartianSccr)